Saturday 3 February 2018

Bobby’s Limited Edition Curry Sauce Potato Snax

It’s a well-known fact that I’m a very fussy eater. So guess what? I really don’t like curry or curry sauce.

Having said that, I saw one of those silly lists on Facebook the other day. You know: “50 books to read before you die - how many have you read?” (usually about 6 as I'm a very picky reader - what? no point in starting a book I know I won't enjoy) or “most people have been to at least 37 of these countries...” and in this case “how many of these 50 foods would you refuse to eat?” Let’s see... erm... 9. That seemed pretty picky to me. And then I noticed that my friend Alan had posted 43. He wouldn’t eat 43 out of 50 foods! Amazing. Impressive.

So maybe I’m a bit less picky than I thought. But still the flavour of this crispy snack was not for me.

However... I have to tell you that this was probably the single most successful snack I have ever taken into the office. So successful that I had to revisit my supplier (the local Post Office) and buy six more packets that very same day.

Cliffs of Moher and Jam Maker taste testers, Slightly Red Haired Bristolian and Noble Friend were all mad for the flavour while Tech and Senior taste tester commented very favourably on the texture. Jam Maker taste tester comes from the North and has curry sauce on her chips so she is something of a connoisseur. A great success. 

And I must confess that the lovely 3D lattice design is rather fabulous. In another flavour perhaps I’d be a fan myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment