Tuesday 17 March 2015

Salty Dog Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar

Me, me, me, me, me! Nobody wants to read about me or what I think. Or so I keep reading on all the "how to write a blog" pages. Every so often I go looking for some technical help, and there are some amazingly helpful bloggers out there supplying answers to all sorts of questions, but somehow all too often there's a bit about how nobody wants to read about me and my views.

That's a little bit sad isn't it? Especially as all the blogs I read regularly are personal views from real people about their real lives and real interests. And that's what makes what they write and the photos they post so interesting. The world might be a better place if we all read the thoughts of grannies from Yorkshire or wild flower fans from the Pacific North West ("categories chosen at random" pronounced in those portentous tones you hear in TV commercials).

Anyhow, I can't see how I could possibly review any packet of crisps (or crispy snack) without including my personal thoughts. Or those of the Chef (if available) or the reluctant taste testers (ditto).

And so here we have my thoughts on another variant on salt & vinegar.

Oh boy! Salty Dog say their crisps bite back; and I think these really do. This is salt & vinegar in the grand tradition. And the traditional tradition of salt & vinegar. Grrr.

Or perhaps not Grrr but Woof!

Um, these crisps have a great salt & vinegar aroma, skin left on for added taste, terrific crunch, nice colour...but I can't help feeling this is quite an old fashioned taste.

So if you are a big fan of the traditional style salt & vinegar crisp these are definitely for you. And very nice too. But, if like me, you prefer a more subtle taste then perhaps you won't like them so much.

But that's OK. Because if we were all the same life would be dreadfully dull don't you think?

1 comment :

  1. Any thoughts on the best beef flavour crisps out there? Since Chipmunk disappeared many years ago,haven't been able to find a definitive beef, or similar, having tried a fair few!I can even remember Smiths producing a hamburger crisp back in the day. In a bag with vertical stripes! Also why are today's offerings so anaemic in appearance? A manufacturer needs to give us a Sunday roastie type, all dark & crunchy.

    ReplyDelete