Friday 20 December 2013

M&S Guilt Free Snacking Sour Cream & Chilli Lentil Curls

Wow these are really quite hot. I wasn't expecting that.

Although I don't know why not because it quite clearly says chilli in the name. So, you know, if I'd actually used my brain a bit...

I gave Lauren at work a bag of Cheese Puffs the other day when she was starving hungry and she has kindly paid me back with this little bag here. Got to admit I was a bit dubious about trying a "crisp" made of lentils but you can't tell what they're made of.

And they're rather good. Very curly, not quite so orangey as my photo shows and the surface is interestingly bubbly which you can't really see here, and a crunch that can only be described as 'just right'. I suppose my photographs might be slightly more informative if I bought Food Blogging for Dummies. I chanced across it online the other evening and I gather it has loads of helpful info on lighting your food but I don't know how helpful it would be on introducing more light into a crisp packet. Anyway, the chilli flavour is hot and spicy but as so often with a sour cream flavour it's quite hard to spot, more of a sort of a sensation than a taste. But yes, pretty good.

And only 90 calories a bag. I never kept count of any calories I ate (perhaps I should) so I have no clue at all if this is good, but as this is one of M&S's Guilt Free Snacking range I can only suppose that 90 calories per bag must be a good thing. However, I am delighted to report that there is nothing at all diety about this crispy snack. You know, when the low fat version of something tastes of nothing but cardboard or seems to be weirdly extra oily. Nope. These exhibit no signs of diet food at all. I wonder though if there are only 90 calories because 22 grams is not very much - just over 3/4 of an ounce!

Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for wheat allergy sufferers or coeliacs. Made in the UK.
If you are on a diet and you can't give up crispy snacks I'd recommend you try these. Or if you just like the sound of them.



No comments :

Post a Comment