Tuesday 11 August 2015

M&S Sour Cream & Chive Pretzels

This pretzel snack is one of M&S's Great American Snack range. I was fairly sure that pretzels originated in Germany or somewhere but, hey, who knows. I guess the Americans have made it their own.

So these little pretzels are about the size of the first joint on your thumb. Which is a nice little size for a crispy snack.

And they have a fair amount of tasty flavour dust. You do have to lick it off your fingers. Which is no bad thing.

I quite liked this flavour. The reluctant taste testers quite liked it too. A nice combination of gentle sour cream and not too chivy. The Chef wasn't so keen. But it's quite a moreish snack  and I think most of us ate more than we expected.

Not bad.

As ever I ponder over the list of ingredients and wonder why you need dried creme fraȋche, dried yoghourt, dried whey and dried soured cream to create a good sour cream flavour. But the crispy snack department at M&S seem to have done a pretty good job.

Nice. I don't know why I never tried them before.

No comments :

Post a Comment