Wednesday 4 April 2018

Tyrrell’s Hand Churned Ice Cream

Here's a thing that popped up on my Facebook page recently: ice cream from Tyrrell's. And what’s so interesting about that you ask? Well, if you’ve been paying attention to the crispy snack shelves in any supermarket near you, you’ll know that Tyrrell's make crisps and popcorn.

But this new departure, available in three flavours, is... well I’m not sure if I fancy the idea because it seems a little weird to me. The ice cream will be available from April (from farm shops and delis) and will come in Caramel & Sea Salt with lightly salted crisps, Strawberry & Black Pepper with black pepper crisps, and Chocolate & Sweet Chilli with sweet chilli crisps.

Here’s the scoop from the Tyrrell’s website.

To be honest, I’m not mad about ice cream so we never really have it home. So I have missed out on pairing ice cream with other stuff; it’s obviously a thing. And I hardly had to look at all to find this interesting book A la Mode: 120 Recipes in 60 Pairings available from Amazon (and other book sellers too I’m sure). I don’t think the book pairs ice cream with crisps but as I said, pairing is obviously a thing.

I haven’t tried any of these ice creams with added crunch. But you might like to seek them out and try  for yourselves. And let me know what you think?
This picture is copyright Tyrrell's

No comments :

Post a Comment