Friday 6 April 2018

Scrubby’s Sea Salt Lentil Chips

This is the second packet of lentil chips provided by Tall Elegant taste tester. Sea salt flavour.

I’m sure you remember that I usually enjoy plain tasting crispy snacks. Not in this case. I thought them rather dull. I don’t know, something just wasn’t right with the taste. Noble Friend enjoyed them more than I did I think, but she suggested they might be the better for a bowl of dip. I agree with that.

And then we move on to Managerial taste tester, who as I said the other day, scarcely ever tries the crispy snacks let alone comments. He came right out and admitted to enjoying these lentil chips very much. I’m delighted he liked them so much. Jam Maker taste tester was a big fan too.

It just goes to show that you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

But I do think that if you start by liking these lentil chips only a little, then a good dip would improve them quite a lot. And the shape is ideal for dipping and scooping.

Scrubby’s make lentil chips as we know. They also make hummus and quinoa chips, and root vegetable crisps. I gather they can all be bought at Waitrose. Sadly not at my local branch but somewhere out there just waiting to be discovered.

1 comment :