Thursday 9 November 2017

M&S Bloody Mary Hand Cooked Red Crisps

Wow these crisps are red. Impressively red. And the packet (the back of the packet) is fabulously rich red metallic. Very handsome indeed. Pity the front of the packet is a little more regular.

I thought these crisps were a bit vinegary, but the Chef thought spicy. And I must say I could not detect any bloody maryness about the flavour and I'm not sure any of the reluctant taste testers could either. However, I see the ingredients actually do include both tomatoes and vodka. And of course the spuds are Highland Burgundy Red potatoes.

On the back of the packet the crisps are labelled tomato, Worcester sauce and vodka flavoured. No wonder the reluctant taste testers were picking Worcester sauce as the main flavour.

Quite unusual, and not bad, but not really very bloody mary. Possibly a could do better.

No comments :

Post a Comment