Friday 3 February 2017

Little Guy Throwing His Rubbish Away Responsibly

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about how Walkers Crisps (the UK version of Lay's) have a load of different designs for the little guy that throws his rubbish away responsibly.

It's a charming habit. I imagine one of the packaging designers devotes a very small amount of his time to creating new little guys appropriate to the crisp or crispy snack, and voila! nerdy people like me to are delighted to discover a fresh design.

However, it is not confined to Walkers. Hippeas, we tried the Sweet & Smokin' flavour, have their own little guy. He is sporting a CND peace sign and making a V sign. Hippeas want you to know how cool their crispy snack is.
Then there's Kolak. This little guy comes from their Hot & Spicy Crisps Black Pepper Flavour. The design is a little basic but I like the heart.
Then there's this extremely well-dressed little guy from Metcalfe's popcorn. I'm not certain why he needs a top hat but he certainly is well-dressed.

Let's not ignore KP Skips. The reluctant taste testers and I tasted Tingly Prawn Cocktail and discovered this slam dunk guy. Not a super exciting design but they made an effort to change the generic little guy into something a bit more interesting than what you usually see.

And this one here from Willards is unusual in that there are 2 bit of rubbish not just one.

I will keep my eyes open for more examples of little guys throwing their rubbish away responsibly. Do let me know if you can point me in the direction of other examples. I am sure there must be others out there that I have yet to spot.

2 comments :

  1. You can never go wrong with peace, love and dunks. haha.
    I love your Brit word 'rubbish'. We just don't use it here and it sounds so fun and charming to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why not? Two countries divided by a single language eh? It's not much fun when you have to put the rubbish out in the snow. Although I saw snow; it snowed all day both Sat & Sun last weekend and none of it hit the ground so's you'd notice.

    ReplyDelete