Tuesday 29 November 2016

Gesher Snow Flakes BBQ Flavored

Here we have another of those strange little flower-shaped (or perhaps snowflake-shaped) crispy snacks from Israel. I think it's a great shape for a crispy snack; light crispy crunchy little pillows - they're very nice. And a good base for a flavour.

So why have I never seen this shape in a snack not intended for the kosher market? I have no idea and  I think it's a bit odd. Still, perhaps there is a crispy developer planning a British version of this snack even as I type.

Another weird thing is that the only other flower or snowflake snacks I have tried were made by Beigel & Beigel. And guess who owns Gesher? Beigel & Beigel. So they market two different kinds of exactly the same snack. The Snow Flakes look as though they may be aimed at children, the Beigel & Beigel version has a more upmarket style of packaging and larger packets.

This is sold as a BBQ flavor snack. Which it isn't. The taste is more cheap tomato ketchup. Which is a shame. Because the crispiness is just fine.

4 comments :

  1. A bbq snowflake? haha. Now that's different. I thought they were leaves at first! Maybe white cheddar would be a good flavor for a snowflake shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever tried white cheddar but it seems appropriate. We have more flavours of snowflake in the basket.

      Delete
  2. I have not come across foods claiming to be "cholesterol free" before. I seem to recall the GLW and the Lad going on about there being good and bad cholesterol - I wonder if these stars are free of both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Israeli product so probably quite a lot of these little packets end off in the USA where food often seems to contain no ingredients of any kind.

      Delete