Sunday 28 August 2016

M&S Lightly Salted Habas Fritas

Oh dear! I hated this not very crispy snack from M&S. I didn't like the look of it on the shelf in the shop so I didn't buy a packet. But Tall Elegant taste tester did. Buy a packet, that is.

And it turns out that I am alone in disliking this Spanish snack. Just me. I found that somehow I couldn't get the bits of bean out of my mouth. I don't know why. They seemed to last there forever just like I can't get rid of desiccated coconut (yuk!). I didn't enjoy the sensation very much. And I was so bothered about the bits of bean in my mouth I couldn't pay any attention to what it tasted like. I only tried one.

But all the other reluctant taste testers said, quite unreluctantly:
"I like this a lot"
"these are delicious... what are they?"
"I can't stop eating these"
"where did this come from?" and
"oh yes, I've always enjoyed habas fritters"

So, just me not enjoying this very very moreish Spanish snack of perfectly roasted broad beans then. And quite likely you might join the taste testers and enjoy a lightly salted broad been snack more than I did.

No comments :

Post a Comment