Sunday 13 December 2015

M&S Tex Mex Burrito Bean Chips

Yet another choice from the history graduate taste tester. Is he mad for crispy snacks or what?

Obviously I had spotted this fairly new crispy snack on the shelf in Marks & Spencer, and marked it as something to try quite soon. But I have a large pile of crisps and crispy snacks at home and try to get through them before buying something new. This sensible scheme doesn't always work! However, history graduate taste tester got there before me.

And wow! look at that. This scary looking oval-shaped rather dark brown crispy snack is pretty tasty. I would have tried this - honest - but I would not have believed how extremely yummy this kidney bean chip really is. Although... only 10% beans. So that's probably why is doesn't qualify for the healthy label. Because the rest is maize.

I'm not at all sure what the taste is here. The ingredients include onions, tomatoes and cheese, along with ancho chillies, garlic, cloves, allspice and lime oil. Interesting combination. Whatever it is, it's a very tasty taste. Yes, thanks, I will have another.

Not only is this crispy snack very tasty, but these gorgeous brown ovals hold their shape extremely well. Hurrah!

The packaging does not show the true colour of this crispy snack. For a change my photograph is much more accurate.

No comments :

Post a Comment