Monday 10 August 2015

Phileas Fogg French Style Crispy Squares Cheese & Caramelised Onion Flavour.

Searching out new flavours of crisp certainly broadens the mind. I mean, what exactly is it about these little crispy puffs of tastiness that makes them French style? Swiss style I might be able to accept (see many many jokes about the holes in Swiss cheese), but French style?

Did Messrs Phileas Fogg (a disguise for KP Snacks) ask the French about this? I suspect not.

New! says this 150g packet. Inspired by the cheeses of France (hang on... what about all those Swiss cheeses? Yes, you can tell I'm not going to be able to let that one go), these French Style Crispy Squares are three-dimensional, with a surprisingly light and crispy texture, which melt in the mouth making them an irresistible snack.

So this is quite a nice crispy snack. Although I find it not cheesy enough for my taste and a little bit too oniony. But the bite is undeniably light. Wonderfully crispy. Lovely texture. And holes. Lots of holes. A very interesting new design of crispy snack.

But here's another beef; three dimensional? Aren't all crispy snacks 3D? I mean, isn't pretty much everything in real life three dimensional? I guess Phileas Fogg is doing his best to tell us that we have little pillows of crispy snack here; not flat things like crisps. Sorry Mr Fogg. Call me picky (the Chef certainly does) but I'm going to mark this crispy snack down for misuse of language.

The taste of these lovely squares isn't exactly what I'd hoped for. And the Chef kind of agrees with me. But the texture is great. And the design really is great. You might like these a lot.

Don't let us put you off. If you find a packet give them a try.

No comments :

Post a Comment