Tuesday 23 June 2015

Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn Wasabi Glaze

Lulled into a false sense of security by our recent trials of Waitrose Good to Go Wasabi & Ginger Popcorn and Portlebay Popcorn Wasabi & Sweet Ginger, the Chef and I crunched into this packet of Skinny Popcorn without taking proper precautions.

Aaargh! Wow this popcorn is hot and wasabi-y. And green. I think it's a little bit too much for us so I shall take some into work tomorrow and see what the reluctant taste testers have to say.

The list of ingredients is written in a complicated way but the flavourings contain mustard. And, apparently wasabi pea seasoning (as if that's a thing). I mean, I know about wasabi peas but does that mean suddenly that's a flavour? And then the colour comes from chlorophyll, and curcurmin, herb (herb? what herb?), green pea extract powder, and wasabi powder.

I don't think the green colouring has really come out in the photograph which is a shame because this popcorn is pretty green. I put the bowl right next to a light because chlorophyll colouring often shows up better in artificial light but I guess I have failed here. You'll have to take my word for it.

Well the reluctant taste testers quite liked this popcorn. One of them said it was a shame that the taste was good at first bite but then didn't last. Obviously she was looking for more taste. The extremely senior volunteer taste tester ate half the bowl all by himself. They liked it!

We still didn't. But there you are.

No comments :

Post a Comment