Sunday 21 June 2015

Burt's British Hand Cooked Potato Chips Vintage Cheddar & Spring Onion

Another take on cheese & onion, this time from Burt's from Devon. Oh dear. I'm not that impressed.

The Chef isn't that impressed either; he said he hadn't noticed this was a flavour. Thought it was ready salted or something.

No.

No this is a proper flavour carefully crafted by the lovely people at Burt's. British potato chips done just right says the packet. Hand cooked in Devon, real taste, proper crunch and made by real people. That's Burts. No MSG, artificial colouring, flavouring or hydrogenated fats. Plus gluten free and friendly to vegetarians.

Well yes. Good intentions all round.

And the crunch is good, the colour is good, the crisps feel right and Richard 4 seems to have done a top job on the frying front.

"Savour one of nature's classic combinations with the rich tangy flavour of this great double act". I know, I know, call me picky but I didn't feel this crisp flavour worked as well it might. Not cheesy enough and a little bit too much spring onion - only not really enough taste. I'm not sure what it is exactly but this crisp doesn't really work for me. I'm not wild about the packaging either.

And you already know the Chef didn't even notice this was a cheese & onion clone.

No comments :

Post a Comment