Tuesday 3 March 2015

Lay's Oven Mediterranean Herbs

I think these Dutch crisps were brought to Switzerland from the Netherlands by the Chef's daughter and son-in-law, and then driven to the UK from Switzerland by the Chef. What a lot of travelling for a packet of crisps.

And what do we think?

Well.... I wasn't mad keen myself but the reluctant taste testers liked them a lot better than better than I did.

For some reason I don't really have much enthusiasm for hexagonal crisps. I really prefer potato shaped crisps. Call me picky... well, I expect you will, but I'm not mad for this strange man made shape.

These crisps smell very nice; it's like opening a jar of herbs from your spice rack. And the narrowly ridged crisps have quite a good crunch and quite a lot of flavour dust. But I'm not terribly impressed by the flavour. Although, of the herbs listed; parsley, basil, thyme and rosemary, I think it's the thyme that shines through.

I must repeat that the reluctant taste testers like them a lot more than I did. So it's just me.

No comments :

Post a Comment