Thursday 26 February 2015

Kettle Chips Sour Cream & Sweet Onion

I had hoped for something more interesting but basically what we have here is cheese and onion flavour.

It's a bit of a disappointment really. Especially as (and this shouldn't make a difference but it does) the packet is such a pretty colour.

I know. The fact that the packet is such a lovely green shouldn't influence they way I look at a packet of crisps. Don't judge a book by its cover etc etc. But I was led astray.

So there we are.

The aroma is really lovely, the crisps have a good crunch, the sour cream does that weird thing at the back of your palate (don't ask me how - it just kind of does), and the sweet onion is very sweet.

But the after taste is pretty much cheese and onion. True, it's a gentle cheese and onion but a bit sweeter than usual. Suitable for vegetarians, absolutely nothing artificial.

Not bad. Really, there is nothing whatever the matter with these crisps, but not very special. The reluctant taste testers and I were not that impressed. Sorry Kettle Chips.

Great packet though. Love the green!

No comments :

Post a Comment