Tuesday 11 March 2014

M&S The Big Crinkle... Hand Cooked Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar

This was another crunch at lunch choice. And a good choice at that. Delicious.

I tried Tyrrell's Hand Cooked Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar crisps only the other day and now here we have another Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar crisp. This time with crinkles. The taste is completely different.

As a broad sweeping generalisation I usually prefer flat crisps to crinkles. Not always of course, and in this case not: these crinkles are brilliant. The taste is not too harsh, not too cider vinegary, a little bit sweet. I was licking the flavour dust off my fingers. The crunch is just right, the taste is just right, the size of the bag is just right. A little bit Goldilocks and the three bears.

And in fact the right size bag is quite unusual these days. So many crisps come in gigantic sharing bags or six packs it's hard to buy a small bag of something new to see if you like it or not. But it is a little weird that this quite small bag (55g) is described as a big bag.

No artificial colours, artificial flavourings or added MSG. Suitable for vegetarians. And the potato variety is Hermes. Pity about the packaging which I don't like very much but you can't have everything, or so they say.

This is a great crisp. And I'd almost eaten the lot before I remembered I needed to take a photograph. It didn't take long at all to finish the bag, and the reluctant taste testers at the office didn't get a look in.

No comments :

Post a Comment