Saturday 24 January 2015

Portlebay Popcorn Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup

Wow! this popcorn is truly astonishingly tasty!!

Portlebay Popcorn; the original since 2012.  Hand popped in Devon. With a picture of a seagull eating popcorn on the packet. Nice orange and lemon stripes on the packet, and a handsome blue and white nautical trim. Is this the best popcorn ever?

Well, I was in the house on my own the other weekend and accidentally ate a whole bowlful all by myself. Although I did feel guilty I did feel well-fed and the popcorn really was good.

I took the remains in to work for the reluctant taste testers to try and it was a great success. Everybody loved this popcorn; even the most reluctant tester who is oh so suspicious of new flavours.  She admitted to liking it but then when she asked the flavour there was a stunned silence and I could feel the waves of disapproval. Oh dear!

But don't let that put you off. None of us could really put our finger on what the flavour is; we couldn't really be sure we could taste the bacon or be certain that the sweetness came from maple syrup - but who cares? Lots and lots of sweet and salty tastiness. We loved the flavour.

Great popcorn, great taste. We were all as happy as a pig in syrup.

No gluten, but not suitable for vegetarians (made with real dried bacon: hurrah). Well done Budgens in East Finchley for stocking this great product. I think they may have other flavours.... do you suppose I'll be going back?

No comments :

Post a Comment